Distributed Antenna System, or DAS, is a network of spatially separated antenna nodes connected to a common source via a transport medium that provides wireless service. DAS gives telecommunications operators coverage in dense and high-traffic indoor environments. Currently, KIN owns and operates DAS antennas in major urban areas.
Our Macro services provide radio coverage in rural areas or along highways served by high-powered cellular tower, antenna or mast. We work closely with each operator to improve their coverage and capacity gaps and ensure quality delivery for their user base.
- Tower height: 30 m – 72 m
- Applications: Suburban & rural area (not for urban area / inner city)
- Minimum required area: 12 m x 12 m
- Coverage radius: 1,000 m – 2,000 m
Microcells enhance the capacity of Celullar networks and provide a high-capacity boost on areas where additional capacities are demanded. Currently, KIN possess MCPs in Lhokseumawe, Medan, Batam, Palembang, Jakarta, Surabaya, Makasar and Ambon.
- Pole height: 18 m – 25 m
- Applications: BTS equipment can be attached on the pole or on the ground
- Minimum required area (for foundation): 3 m x 3 m
- Pole also functions as street light
- Transmission method: microwave antenna
- Coverage radius: 100 m - 250 m
We own, operate and manage underground fiber optic backbones which spans over 260 kilometers serving the central business and residential areas of Lhokseumawe, Medan, Batam, Palembang, Surabaya, Makasar and Ambon.